Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Thumbs up for Devil's Point Dive

A photo moment with Joka (left) and Kolen (right).
By Mereana Mills, Department of Tourism- Shefa Office: On a brilliant day recently I was fortunate to discover a boutique dive company recently established here in Port Vila. Devils Point Dive are situated, as in their name on Devils Point Road and they provide all the usual things you would come to expect from a commercial, professional dive operation and more - their fun-loving energy and enthusiasm suits their boutique ‘devils’  operation. As a first time diver I was really unsure if this was something that I wanted to explore, but I had heard many times that Vanuatu is one of the best places in the world to dive, so I took the bait and made a few enquiries. My experience from the get-go with Devils Point Dive was fantastic, and while this may sound like the typical cliché, I couldn’t say enough about how helpful they were about alleviating my fears and encouraging a relaxed, fun environment. The instructors were extremely helpful and very professional in their approach. Thanks to Kolen, Joka, Nikki and Ben I had a fantastic day out exploring another magnificent side of Vanuatu, one that I think is still relatively undiscovered by locals and tourists alike. I was so impressed with their friendliness and helpfulness to me as a novice that I have signed up to do an Open Water Dive Course with them – I am really excited about my first lesson this weekend. Visit www.devilspointdive.com